In the fast-paced world of data protection and privacy, 2024 marks a significant year with its own set of challenges and opportunities. Theta Lake, a provider of digital communications governance technology, has offered a comprehensive list of the top data protection strategies, focusing on how Theta Lake is pioneering in this space.
1. Eliminating Blindspots in Unified Communication Data: Organisations must gear up to comprehensively capture all facets of Unified Communication and Collaboration (UCC) data. From chats and videos to emojis and reactions, every element plays a crucial role in providing context and understanding interactions among employees, customers, and other third parties. This comprehensive capture is especially critical when reconstructing data for Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs), ensuring that no crucial information is overlooked.
2. Harnessing Strong Search Capabilities for DSARs: The ability to respond efficiently and accurately to DSARs hinges on robust search capabilities. With 74% of firms struggling to search and retrieve communications, it’s essential to consider platforms like Theta Lake, which offer an integrated interface for searching across various data subject attributes. The ability to search for emojis, reactions, GIFs, and across data types like images or audio is crucial for collecting complete and accurate information, making strong search an indispensable tool in the data protection arsenal.
3. Prioritising Redaction and Remediation: Firms must possess the capability to redact and remediate sensitive data effectively. Theta Lake stands out by offering intuitive features that allow for the quick removal of sensitive personal or financial information from communications. This capability not only protects confidential information but also enables firms to mitigate data exposure risks efficiently. Preserving original chats while removing sensitive data ensures that legal and regulatory requirements are met without compromising on data security.
4. Proactively Detecting Data Privacy Risks: In the vast landscape of communication records, proactive data protection compliance and supervision are key. AI trained specifically for this purpose can assist firms in detecting and mitigating risks at scale. By understanding the nuances of sensitive data shared in communications, firms can prevent data leakage effectively. This proactive approach, powered by high-quality expert sources and domain expertise, alleviates the burden from individual organisations to train AI models or verify results, ensuring a higher standard of data privacy risk management.
5. Maintaining Control over Archived Communications: Exerting control over archived communications offers multiple data protection benefits. From using their own encryption keys to setting specific retention periods based on the nature of the data and applicable regulations, firms can maintain stringent control over their data. The strategic move to unify archives and leverage cloud UCC tools can provide immense benefits, aligning with the data protection compliance expectations tied to innovation, scale, and performance.
How Theta Lake Can Help:
Theta Lake’s innovative solutions are redefining the landscape of data protection and privacy. Backed by industry giants such as Cisco, RingCentral, Salesforce, and Zoom, Theta Lake’s award-winning suite offers unparalleled compliance and security for modern collaboration platforms. From patented AI & ML for proactive risk detection to advanced search capabilities and a robust security and privacy architecture, Theta Lake is empowering organisations to navigate the complexities of data protection with confidence and precision.
Read the full story here.
Keep up with all the latest FinTech news here.
Copyright © 2024 FinTech Global
Copyright © 2018 RegTech Analyst